Cannot automatically save new estimate

Where to go when the system has problems
douglasbeal

Cannot automatically save new estimate

Post by douglasbeal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:44 pm

I installed Gen 2 on my computer and when I try to create a new estimate I get an error, IV:B3304. I can go ahead and save the estimate file to a new file name manually but it does not work automatically, as it should.

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Doug
This issue may be related to the Windows install disk language that was used when Windows was installed on this computer. The language settings of Windows is specific to the installation disk that was used. While you can go into the Windows Control Panel and adjust the Regional and Language settings, that does not change the language version that Windows uses. I suspect that your Windows installation did not use the locale of the United States.

Let's try this .. go the Start|All Programs|Accessories|System tools|System Information. What does the System Summary say the locale is? If it's not United States you'll have to reinstall Windows with disk that is made for English US.

If this checks out OK, go to the keyboard layout in the Control Panel|Regional and Language Settings. GO to Languages and then click details. Is the keyboard set to US? If it's set to US International that could be a problem. It should be US. All of the other settings in the Regional and Language control should be set to English United States as well.

Does that help? If not, one other very remote possibility exists. There is a Program Called ZoneAlert. The Extreme edition had a problem of messing with keyboard and key layouts, causing problems. Do you have ZoneAlert Extreme.

If these things don't fix the problem you will most likely have to reinstall Windows in order to fix it. Make sure you use an English USA install disk when you reinstall.

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:34 am

Doug
I was actually able to fix this problem recently for a customer by running a reg cleaner program on that machine. You might try something like http://www.ccleaner.com/. This program can clean up all kinds of temp files, etc, but use the registry cleaner in it and see if that fixes the problem. BTW, this program is free and is highly regarded. As with all of these Windows "cleaning" programs just use it with care.