Moulding Entry from lf stock

for questions and conversations regarding estimating projects with The Assistant Estimating System
alantenan
contributor

Moulding Entry from lf stock

Post by alantenan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 pm

I am using the Autoentry for moulds window to mill 300 lf 1 1/4x1 1/4" s4s ipe from 2x4 ipe (LinFt stock not BdFt stock) .

I tried to enter this as mill from LFstock and modified my waste factor to .5 (to account for 2 parts per lf) but when I ran a material report and reviewed costs I still got a material qty of 300lf 2x4ipe.

How would you tackle this one?

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Alan
I believe there is a waste factor limitation (for safety) built into that module so that waste factors cannot be less than 1.

For a quickly fix I would takeoff 150 lf and add a note to the item that you get 2 rips out of a section.

Do you think we should scale back the waste factor fail safe to the point that if there is an entry for waste of any kind we should just use it? If there is a blank we would figure a 1.

Let me know what you think.

alantenan
contributor

Post by alantenan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 pm

I surely underdstand why you have the failsafe min waste factor set @ 1 min.
for the Bdft pricing waste field.

I think I would like to be able to alter the waste factor below 1 for the LF field. This would generate the best possible material report for purchasing etc. and PM efforts after bidding.

In the meantime I can use your workaround or generate a bf price from the lf material (something we used to do in the Original Assistant mould takeoff sheet.